Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Orlando CE Academy
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Orlando CE Academy Event
December 5, 2012
4 AIA HSW CE Hours,
3 AIA HSW/ SD CE Hours,
2 GBCI CE Hours for LEED Professionals,
7:30- 8:00 AM Registration
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
- Define stone coated Metal.
- Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
- Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
- Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
- Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification.
- Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
- & Energy Star qualified.
- Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Improving Energy Efficiency and Air Quality with HVAC Duct Sealants
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc | Course: ICH23A
Sponsor: Carlisle Hardcast
Presenter: Tim Eorgan
- Describe environmental concerns over energy issues and explain how HVAC air leakage contributes to these concerns.
- Describe the reasons why sealing ductwork is critical to maximizing HVAC system efficiency.
- Explain duct sealing options and list the advantages of each. Describe how sealing ductwork can improve indoor air quality.
Copper Clad Stainless
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: Engineered Material Solutions | Course: 000001
Sponsor: Heyco Metals
Presenter: Richard Petty
- Learn about the cost effectiveness and proven reliability of cladding
- Become aware of the performance advantages of copper-clad stainless relative to traditional copper
- Understand the design differences between solid and copper-clad stainless
- Review basic fabrication methods
11:20 AM-12:30 PM
Security Grille Door Solutions in the Design Project: Application, Operation, Installation & Aesthetic
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: Dynamic Closures | Course: DYNAMCL1110_1
Presenter: Greg Trimboli
- List and define typical applications for grille doors Recognize the main operation choices for grille doors and how to choose the correct product when specifying a job
- Understand the various available mounting options
- Describe the layout options for side folding doors and learn how they can influence or complement the overall design integrity of your project
- Gain an understanding of curtain and panel material choices and how they work to achieve continuity in your design.
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch Provided
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour |AIA Course Number: ICS06A
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090003989
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Damon Maxwell
- This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
- We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
- After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss the importance of going beyond "green".
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | Course: BL0002
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: Jeff Brunner
- Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value and high performance.
- Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
- Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
- Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
4:00 – 5:00 PM
Roof Hatch & Smoke Vent Design, Life Safety, and BIM Integration
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc. | Course: IUC08A
Presenter: Justin Winterhalter
This course will explain the benefits of roof hatch & smoke vent design, life safety and BIM integration. The designer will have a better understanding of code regulations for life safety and will be able to properly size and place hatches and vents in accordance with these codes. Through an illustration and demonstration on BIM design modeling, the designer will be able to better integrate roof hatches and smoke vents into their next project.
Upon completion of this course the designer will be able to:
- Describe roof access hatch applications for personnel and equipment.
- Explain code regulations and OSHA for safety railing fall protection for openings.
- Describe smoke venting applications based on IBC code regulations.
- Identify design practices for sizing and selecting operation of smoke vents.
- Explain the differences between UL 793 and FM 4430.
- Identify BIM families for roof hatch and smoke vent applications.
- List examples of parametric design properties within BIM families.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.